What Are Foundation Grants?
The 112 Education Foundation provides District 112 teachers semi-annual Foundation Grants to support creative and innovative enrichment projects. Grant cycles occur in April and October. Think of Foundation Grants as District 112’s education laboratory, an opportunity to explore ideas, methods, and materials that will enhance student experiences in school. Teachers may apply for a grant individually or as a group.
During the 2019-2020 school year, the Foundation funded just under $73,000 in creative and innovative grant programs (Grant Summaries Fall 2019) in the NSSD112 schools, benefiting hundreds of students. It is the hope that grant programs will develop either into standard district curriculum and/or permanent Foundation programs.
- Important Links:
- Spring 2021 Foundation Grant applications are due TBD. No late applications will be accepted.
- Grants are only available to North Shore School District 112 faculty.
- Each committee member (a subset of the board) is assigned specific grants to review using the Grant Review Rubric
- Grants are discussed by the committee as a whole
- Grants under consideration that meet rubric guidelines are presented to District 112 representatives
- Grants that align with curriculum and are in compliance with district policies are presented to the 112 Education Foundation board for approval
- Written notification is provided to all grant applicants
Grant Application Criteria
- Specific, actionable, and measurable objectives
- Creative and innovative approach to learning
- Significant student impact
- Project supports interdisciplinary learning
- Reasonable and detailed budget proposal
- The Foundation is unable to compensate for teachers’ time or training.
- Funds for parties are not permitted.
- Funds for furniture are not permitted.
- Requests for resources readily available in school libraries or in District will not be considered.
- Technology (hardware and software) requests must be aligned with the District 112 Standards.
- Curricular materials and subscriptions (magazines, etc) are not permitted.